Held with the full support of Vietnam Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Public Security and Ministry of Industry and Trade, it will be the first time a large scale tri-service defense exhibition has been held in Vietnam.
Meet face to face with senior military and industry leaders from all branches of the People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) including Ground Forces, Air Force, Navy, Border Defense Force & Coast Guard.
- Vietnam accounted for over a third of total ASEAN defense imports in 2015
- Tank, Infantry Fighting Vehicle, SP Artillery and Armoured Personnel Carrier acquisition programmes are planned
- The defense budget has increased by more than 25% in the last four years
- In 2016 Vietnam’s defense spending exceeded $5bn for the first time according to SIPRI
- Defense expenditure is the fourth largest in Southeast Asia
- The VPN operates the largest submarine fleet in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam has domestic manufacturing capacity, with licenses in place for production of vehicles, small arms and NATO 5.62mm ammunition
- Between 2011 and 2015, naval vessels accounted for 44% of defense imports.
For more information, click here.